Wednesday 19 March 2014

40 Days of Lent- Day 15

Day 15 - Luke 12:  29-31 -- MdV


“And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.”



Study plans, summer plans, course plans, 5-year plans - this lent we will do a lot of planning. How do we “set our hearts” on seeking 1st the Kingdom in this context?



“You have a plan that is good and are determined to provide and care for my daily needs (DAY 10 - Lk 11:5-8). Lord you know where I have set my heart in faithfulness and where I have set my heart on fruitless striving.  You know my tendency to persistently plan towards what I want (regardless of what I am willing to admit to myself or others). I trust you to reset plans and activities where appropriate. I am open. Release me to be in sync with your Kingdom."

No comments:

Post a Comment