Monday 24 March 2014

40 Days of Lent: Day 20

Luke 13:  20-21
 
“What shall I compare the kingdom of God to? It is like yeast what a woman took and mixed into a large amount of flour until it worked all through the dough.”

In seminary I experimented with making bread. I learned quickly that although seemingly insignificant, yeast is indispensable if I did not want my bread to taste and look like a brick. 

Seemingly insignificant, but actually very powerful because yeast has a permeating quality.

The disciples had this power, but didn’t really get it until after Pentecost.

We have this power too.  Where ever you are placed, now or later (this summer or upon graduation), you have a permeating quality. We are not the bread makers, but do not underestimate the implications of our participation in the mix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment