Sunday 6 April 2014

40 Days of Lent: Day 33

Luke 17:  5-6 -  Cam F. and Mark dV

The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!”   He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you/

Faith is a funny thing. It is hearing and pursuing what we cannot see, but know is real.  

On this Lenten journey I have been reflecting on my faith. In my usual prayers I ask God for good grades, good health and that God might bless food to my body. From this passage I have been challenged to ask God for 
something else:  more faith. The disciples did this and Christ honored it.

Jesus saw the potential for things to occur that they never would have imagined possible. This small group took Jesus’ teaching on faith and started a movement that shaped the world we know today in significant ways,   ways that they never would have perceived at the time. 

If we have faith like a mustard seed, we can tell a tree to be uprooted and planted into the sea. Today, as an entire community let us ask God for more faith - who knows what could happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment