Tuesday 21 January 2014

25 Ways to Read Scripture - Day 16

Stepping stones in the rapids

Frequently life is like trying to find the next solid stepping stone while crossing the rapids of a small river.  Jesus taught that "everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock"  (Matt. 7: 24).  

What 4-8 Scripture passages function like the stepping stones in the river for you?  Jot them down, and then go to biblegateway.com, paste them all into a WORD document, print it up, and tape them to the wall in an appropriate place. 

Then you will sing with the Psalmist, "My feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold...Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.  You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory  (Ps. 73:  2, 23,24).

No comments:

Post a Comment