Wednesday 29 January 2014

25 Ways to Read Scripture- Day 24

Match a Bible verse with a home-made tune

Do you ever get an advertising jingle or a line from a song that you hate stuck in your head all day?  (If you do, so do millions of the rest of us.)    

Well, fight fire with fire.  Take any one sentence from Scripture that serves as an anchor in your life, and play with it melodically until it settles into a singable tune.  Perhaps there's a familiar tune that fits the verse.  Then, discipline your mind to "loop" through that little tune repeatedly throughout the day.  

Some possible verses to put to a musical loop:

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want (Ps. 23.1)
The Lord is my light and my salvation (Ps. 27: 1)
Be still and know that I am God (Ps. 46: 10)
I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Ps. 139: 14)
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God (I John 3: 1)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding (Prov. 3: 5)
May the grace of the Lord Jesus, the love of the Father, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you always (II Cor. 13: 14)


No comments:

Post a Comment