Wednesday 13 November 2013

30 WAYS TO PRAY: DAY 13



Day 13: Prayer of Relinquishment

This prayer focuses on surrendering our will to God’s will. Talk to God about the plans that you have for your life, both long-term and short-term, and listen to His plans for you. This prayer moves from struggling with God’s will, to surrendering ourselves to it.  Jesus struggled.  When He asked that the cup of suffering would pass from Him, he meant it (Lk 22:39-46). However, in the end He sought for God’s will to be done above His own.

Sample:  To be honest, God, it is hard for me to surrender to Your will and give up my own plans and desires to follow Yours, even though I trust that You have good things in store for me. I realize that I don’t always understand the big picture and I don’t see things from the same perspective that You see them, so please help me accept Your will, even if it is different than what I have in mind. Thank You for those things that we’re on the same page about...and surprise me with your love and your provision in those other things. I’m excited to see what’s going to happen. Father in heaven, may Your name be hallowed, may Your Kingdom come and may Your will be done on earth... and in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment