Wednesday 6 November 2013

30 WAYS TO PRAY: DAY 6

Pray to Jesus Christ

While Stephen was being stoned, he cried out for Jesus to forgive those who were killing him (Acts 7:59). Jesus forgives. Thank Jesus for the cleansing that He holds out to you daily (Hebrews 10:14). Make the prayer very personal, for you can’t hide anything from Him anyway. Thank Him for specific things that He has forgiven and for specific ways that He has led you, especially by the example of His life here on Earth.

Sample: Jesus, my Saviour, thank You for being such a personal, loving, sacrificial God. Thank You for cleansing me of all impurities and presenting me as pure before the Father’s throne. Thank You for interceding for me, both while You lived on this earth and now that You are at God’s right hand. You know exactly what it’s like to live in this dark world, so Jesus, how should I deal with ____________?

No comments:

Post a Comment