Thursday 7 November 2013

30 WAYS TO PRAY: DAY 7

Pray to the Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit, while often overlooked, is a vital and powerful member of the Trinity. Paul writes that the Holy Spirit is interceding for us (Romans 8:26-27) and Jesus explains that the Advocate (the Holy Spirit) helps us to know God’s truth and reminds us of what we have been taught (John 14:26). The Holy Spirit is God and is living in you. He, God, is with us forever (John 14:16).  Thank the Holy Spirit for His work in your life and His help to understand God’s Word, for His constant presence with you, and for helping you to hear the voice of God more clearly.

Sample: Holy Spirit, thank You for coming and living inside of me. You have guided me into truth and confirmed in my own spirit that every word in the Bible is true. Thank You for whispering to me throughout the day and for drawing my attention to things that I would otherwise miss. I want to get to know Your still, small voice even clearer so that I can discern when it is You are speaking to me and when it is evil or even just myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment