Thursday 28 November 2013

30 WAYS TO PRAY: DAY 28


Breath Prayer

As necessary as it is to our every moment, we don’t usually think about our breathing. Take a deep breath right now. Feel more at peace? Something so simple is such a tremendous blessing. A breath prayer takes breathing and combines it with a sentence prayer, as if you are breathing in God. As you breathe in, address God by one of His names or titles (ex. Father God, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, Saviour King, etc) and as you breathe out, say a short prayer of what is earnestly on your heart, what you think about God, or how much He means to you. Breath prayer is most easily described by way of examples.

Sample: Holy Spirit, please fill me.
                Yahweh, You are holy.
                My God, forgive me.
                Jesus Christ, I need You.
                Fortress, surround me.

No comments:

Post a Comment