Wednesday 20 November 2013

30 WAYS TO PRAY: DAY 20

Day 20: Prayer of Confession

Having an intimate relationship with anyone requires vulnerability, the ability to admit when we are wrong and humility to ask for forgiveness. In a prayer of confession, be vulnerable and ask for God’s help to shun sin, confessing your sins to Him in humble repentance. Remember God’s forgiveness and compassion and have confidence in the saving work of Jesus and that He really does forget all of our sins (1 Jn 1:9). Nothing that we can do can separate us from God’s love.

Sample: Jesus, I’ve messed up. I was born a sinner and I know that without Your grace, I am nothing. Thank You for going to the cross for me and for taking the punishment that I deserve. Although I try to live as You lived, I am not perfect. I’ve sinned against You again, God. It isn’t natural for me to talk about my weaknesses and my downfalls, but Lord, You already know all about it, so here I am, bowed before You, to tell You all about it....

No comments:

Post a Comment