Monday 4 November 2013

30 WAYS TO PRAY: DAY 4

Pray through a parable

What is your favourite parable? Jesus used parables to convey what He wanted to say to the people and these messages were not meant only for the Israelites but still hold great meaning for us today. Choose one of your favourite parables of Jesus, read through it slowly and then ask God what implications that parable has on your life. Which character do you identify with? For example, when have you been rocky soil instead of good soil? How have you hidden the gifts that God has given to you instead of using them and harvesting the positive outcomes?

Sample: Caring God, please help me to be a Good Samaritan rather than a Levite. I want to stop and help those in need and give of myself for my neighbours, even the ones that I might not get along with. Please help me to not cast a blind eye on those who you have put in my path to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment