Sunday 3 November 2013

30 WAYS TO PRAY:DAY 3

 Fixed hour prayer
           
 In some traditions monks will pray every three hours for half an hour; their entire day revolves around conversing with God. Today, set aside a specific time to pray. Make an appointment with God. If you had an appointment with someone, especially a very important person (say, the prime minister), you would not go and do something else instead (watch a movie, Facebook, etc.), but you would do everything in your power to make that appointment.

Sample: God, You have given me my time and have been gracious enough to let me fill it with work and leisure. Now, God, I am offering back to you some of the time that You have allotted to me. This next little bit is dedicated to You, God, and not anyone or anything else. You are ever present with me because I am important to You. You are important to me, God, so I’m here to spend time with You. I need you, but I am afraid of the silence. Teach me how to enter your presence and find rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment